Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Life in Cameron's England.

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:41 am

On the day that a lot of George Osborne’s cuts begin to bite, how are we faring in David Cameron’s England? These figures are according to the Daily Mirror.

Families are £11 a week worse off than last year

The cost of living is rising at double the rate of pay rises

Inflation at 5.5% is the highest for 20 years, higher than anywhere in the West except Estonia, and South Korea

Take-home pay has fallen by 5% in real terms

Building workers have suffered the biggest pay cuts, and 10% have lost their jobs

659,000 households struggling with mortgage payments; 117,000 are in arrears

Real disposable incomes fell in 2010 for the first time since 1981

Income after tax will show a fall of 1.9% by the end of the year, equal to £500 per household

And what is more it must be OK because they are still blaming it on the Labour Government or the snow or anything they can think of.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Life in Cameron's England.

#2 by Sheldonboy , Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Now they want to spend countless millions on a Referendum for a new voting system. personally I would like it spent on a new set of Gallows at Tyburn which I think was somewhere around the Marble Arch area, If anyone in Parliament brassed us off enough we could Hang, Draw and Quarter every last Fat Greedy Git in the Commons and give to Wills as a Palace for a wedding present. he would without a doubt cost us less money. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I think I read somewhere that the last public hanging in Birmingham was at the top of Livery St, so why not do it there. Why should London get all the fun all the time?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Voltman , Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:46 pm

If we are going to have a referendum I hope it carries more than one topic.
It is about time we got to vote on a whole range of things far more important than how we get the government.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:14 pm

don't make things too complicated Volty. They are expecting some people to put an X in a Box. That's clearly too difficult for most people to go and do at most elections.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:23 pm

If I remember correctly isn't that what they did in 74 made the whole thing too complicated by asking too many questions instead of a simple "do you want to come out of the common market" . Mind you back the thats all it was a simple common market, nothing to do with being ruled by the EU.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes Phil we were just asked (Advised in fact) if we wanted to join a UNION OF TRADING NATIONS. Not a bunch of self gratifying scumbags.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#8 by mikejee , Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:17 pm

SB
We already have plenty of those in the UK . Its called the conservative party (with quite a few in the other parties also)

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:21 pm

They could have added a question or two about the EU very easily. Not that I know very much about it but if I was in charge I would get out now while the going is good. I think it is teetering now and the money troubles are only the tip of the iceberg.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:22 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Museum Charges

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor