Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Bushmeat

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:38 pm

I’m glad that I don’t dine out much these days. I’ve just been reading in the weekend papers about the increase dubious meats found in backstreet Midlands restaurants. A startling increase in bushmeat such as Chimpanzee has been found by trading standards officers after a tip off that as much as 270 tonnes of illegal bushmeat a month could be being distributed around Europe .

So I hope you all enjoy your aftermatch curries this evening, I as usual will stick to making my own.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Bushmeat

#2 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Posted by phil
I’m glad that I don’t dine out much these days. I’ve just been reading in the weekend papers about the increase dubious meats found in backstreet Midlands restaurants. A startling increase in bushmeat such as Chimpanzee has been found by trading standards officers after a tip off that as much as 270 tonnes of illegal bushmeat a month could be being distributed around Europe .

So I hope you all enjoy your aftermatch curries this evening, I as usual will stick to making my own.

Phil

It just goes to show what a bloody stupid world this is turning into.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by mikejee , Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:12 pm

I wouldn't worry Phil. As I understand it , the bushmeat is sold at quite a high price to satisfy particular tastes, so it wouldn't be "wasted" on people like you or me who couldn't appreciate it when cheaper normal meats would suffice. Fish is a bit of a different matter (though you probably wouldn't be as worried about the fish variety being wrong), as there are many instances of cheaper fish varieties being substituted for what the fish is labelled as. There are an enormous variety of kits for analysing the source of different animal meats. This includes one that can be use to detect human flesh, though i think that is sold usually for forensic , rather than food standards, purposes

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4 by Sheldonboy , Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:25 am

Posted by mikejee
I wouldn't worry Phil. As I understand it , the bushmeat is sold at quite a high price to satisfy particular tastes, so it wouldn't be "wasted" on people like you or me who couldn't appreciate it when cheaper normal meats would suffice. Fish is a bit of a different matter (though you probably wouldn't be as worried about the fish variety being wrong), as there are many instances of cheaper fish varieties being substituted for what the fish is labelled as. There are an enormous variety of kits for analysing the source of different animal meats. This includes one that can be use to detect human flesh, though i think that is sold usually for forensic , rather than food standards, purposes

If Chimpanzee meat and Snake etc. was being sold for public consumption, it might just explain the behavior of some people.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by Voltman , Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:44 am

Posted by phil

Phil

And how can you be so sure of what you are putting into your own curry then Phil?

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 am

Posted by Voltman

And how can you be so sure of what you are putting into your own curry then Phil?

Its simple, I only use whole chickens, besides I buy all my meat from my brother who is a butcher and has his own shop.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Got your suits and best frocks pressed everyone

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor