Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Got your suits and best frocks pressed everyone

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 pm

No SB they can breed if they must, but we don't have to keep them in luxury, Charlie could have done a stint as a gardener, Anne could have worked in the stables, Andy could have drove the royal bus and Eddy could have gone on the game,

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 pm

You are first for the Stocks.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:46 am

Great I could do with a new pair of socks

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#19 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:35 pm

I've got more talent in my little finger than all the royals put together, complete bunch of nin- compoops as far as I'm concerned, sorry SB.

signman

#20 by berniew , Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:28 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
I don't care what anyone says, I am a thorough Royalist, you can keep your presidents as I am sure most of the people in the Middle East can tell you right now.
I also look forward to the day when this country celebrates St. Georges Day.
If someone doesn't like the Idea of a Royal Wedding that's fine, but why does everything have to be pulled apart. There are enough various factions ripping this country apart and raping it's very fabric every day. Any small thing to keep this country and it's people together should be celebrated.
I am proud of my country and my Englishness. It's no good moaning about foreigners all the time ( we are all forever reading about it ) and then moan about things that a lot of people will surely enjoy. SB

Your not allowed to be English , at least on any council or goverment forms , you will be white British SB.
Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#21 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 pm

SB

You will never hear me moaning about foreigners, you will hear me moaning about inefficient governments that allow immigration to a point where it puts a strain on our social security infrastructure to a point of bankruptcy. They should have more guts whatever colour tie they wear to tell the EU where to stick it and that we will be our own masters.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#22 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Posted by phil
SB

You will never hear me moaning about foreigners, you will hear me moaning about inefficient governments that allow immigration to a point where it puts a strain on our social security infrastructure to a point of bankruptcy. They should have more guts whatever colour tie they wear to tell the EU where to stick it and that we will be our own masters.

Phil

I'll certainly echo that Phil.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#23 by Deleted User , Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:53 am

When I lived in Meriden the flag of St George was always flown as was all Royal Birthdays etc,now here noticed St George's flag was flying high last time.

God bless us all

#24 by Deleted User , Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:03 am

We used to own a classic wooden boat built just after the war and we sometimes used to talk about all those little boats just like ours going out to rescue our troops.We asked ourselves would we have been brave enough to go on a rescue like that and the answer was yes.We love our country and you have to defend it if you can.The chances of getting back alive was slim but it still brings a lump to my throat to think of so many young men who never come home.I think this verse does it for me.

This Sceptered IsleThis royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,

This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,

This other Eden, demi-paradise,

This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war,

This happy breed of men, this little world,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,

Which serves it in the office of a wall,

Or as a moat defensive to a house,

Against the envy of less happier lands,

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England

From Richard II, Act 2 (Shakespeare)

#25 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:33 am

Denise

This piece of prose was from a time when Britain was just becoming "Great". When Kings led their armies out to battle. I think that today we could delete the first line and it would read much more to my liking.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Greed

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor