Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Manchester May 2017

#1 by Voltman , Wed May 24, 2017 10:31 pm

If being a martyr means anything at all then these fourteen beautiful innocent people are among the martyrs. NOT so for the selfish, cowardly, disgusting, ugly moronic prick that failed to achieve its pointless aim on Monday night.

"Manchester attack: Who were the victims?"

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.24.2017 | Top

RE: Manchester May 2017

#2 by astoness , Thu May 25, 2017 8:51 am

hi volty..of course they are achieving their aims....i used to think that they didnt because yes the towns and cities do pick themselves up and re build but i guess it all depends on what you class as aims...if their aim is to kill wound and disrupt then yes their aims are being achieved even if only one person died...lets face it this latest attack will only really affect the families of those who were murdered...for the rest of us in a very short time it will be a distant memory...if we are honest how many times does the birmingham pub bombings..the twin towers...the french attacks 2015 and 16..etc etc etc cross our minds on a daily basis...and the very recent tower bridge disaster??...for the families affected by these monsterous crimes their lives will never be the same again...may help a bit if the police didnt shoot to kill or these animals did not blow themselves up...of course the world is a better place without them but what justice for those who have lost loved ones....NONE...we have to be realistic..these attacks are here to stay and its just a case of where the next one will be and the luck of the draw who gets caught up in them...

if on the other hand we class not achieving their aims in as much as we all stop travelling and going to venues which could be possible targets in other words lets stop breathing then NO they are for the vast majority of us going to win on that one..
my son starts a 2 week bike trip abroad tomorrow and yes of course i have my concerns especially in light of what has happened in manchester but like the sticker on his bike reads ONE LIFE LIVE IT...he has been planning this trip for a long time and as he said he will follow his dream....

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 05.25.2017 | Top

#3 by astwood , Thu May 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Why is it that after every cowardly terrorist outrage in this country
arrests are made almost immediately in connection with these
dispicable acts, suggesting that these scum are already known to
the security forces. It is as if we are waiting for them to commit
these heinous acts before the authorities do anything. It's about
time we stopped pussyfooting around with these scum, we know
who they are, arrest them and deport them. Never mind their
human rights. Act now before people start taking the law into
their own hands.

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

Last edited 05.26.2017 | Top

#4 by astoness , Thu May 25, 2017 7:51 pm

well said astwood..trouble is there are too many do gooders around..although how any decent human being can justify standing up for these animals is beyond me and i wonder if they would be so keen if one of their own was blown to bits..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 05.25.2017 | Top

#5 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 27, 2017 8:23 pm

One thing that really annoys me is our wonderful Government putting 5000 troops out to help the Police. Absolute Tossers.
Did anyone not notice the 20,000 Police officers who have been retired early or made redundant.
When you get a Police officer who may have joined at 20 years of age, he is retired at 50 after 30 years. As long as he/she is still fit enough that officer would have an incredible amount of experience not forgetting local knowledge and contacts.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6 by Voltman , Mon May 29, 2017 11:50 am

I don't think the soldiers are there because there aren't enough police. Our police aren't armed and the soldiers are.

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#7 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #6
I don't think the soldiers are there because there aren't enough police. Our police aren't armed and the soldiers are.

There are certainly not enough Police, even Government figures show that. What the Government didn't take into account was how many Police would leave. The Police wasn't overmanned in the first place, this was purely a cost cutting exercise cost a large fortune in Redundancy. Most Police Front office staff were replaced by contract security workers, costing a large packet as agency staff do everywhere.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#8 by mikejee , Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:33 pm

A friend of mine was working in security in the car park next to the arena that night. I told him he should go to the police just in case he saw something. He was not very happy with me about it, as yesterday they kept him at the station from 11.00am to 7.00 pm and he was almost late for his shift somewhere else yeasterday evening because of it

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 06.01.2017 | Top

#9 by Voltman , Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #7

There are certainly not enough Police, even Government figures show that. What the Government didn't take into account was how many Police would leave. The Police wasn't overmanned in the first place, this was purely a cost cutting exercise cost a large fortune in Redundancy. Most Police Front office staff were replaced by contract security workers, costing a large packet as agency staff do everywhere.

That still isn't the reason for using soldiers.

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#10 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #9
Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #7

That still isn't the reason for using soldiers.

The use of Soldiers was to relieve Police from Guarding duties so that they could be returned to Policing duties. Prime Ministers words not mine.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by astwood , Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:19 pm

First Manchester now London its about time these radical mosques were shut down
and cut off there backers

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#12 by astoness , Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:54 am

as i posted on post 2 its just a matter of where the next attack will be and on sunday morning we wake up to the news of the london attack.i have now decided and it does go against the grain that from now on i will be avoiding places and areas that could become targeted...ive decided its one thing being defient and carrying on as usual and another thing being blown to bits....no point being a dead hero in my book

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 06.06.2017 | Top

#13 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Jo and I used to be in Brum almost every Saturday, we only go there infrequently. After many Police meetings that mentioned that the Bull Ring would be a prize target we started going farther afield. Anywhere is a target now.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor