Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

John Hemmings MP

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 pm

SB

This is a letter from yesterdays Birmingham Mail, its from John Hemmings and addresses the cuts he has helped the Conservative party authorise. As he is the MP for Yardley which I think includes Sheldon can you tell me if this is the claptrap he won his seat with.

I know that it certainly wasn't the line that Solihull MP Lorely Burt won hers with and she is another Lib Dem MP. I don't know how they have got the front to face their constituents.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
phil

RE: John Hemmings MP

#2 by Deleted User , Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Yes why pray does the private sector have jobs galore??

What a stupid letter.

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Denise

It just shows that people with more money than sense have no idea of whats happening in the real world. Just where does he think after "a short while" these half a million jobs are going to come from when the public sector job losses are going to have a knock on effect of causing another half a million job losses.

Just like a politician he is spouting hot air, he's not that silly that he doesn't know the truth of the matter. At least I don't think he is.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by mikejee , Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:38 pm

Sounds about on a par with any comment i would expect of most MPs. Those that don't talk rubbish and care for their constituents (Like MartinSalter , who used to represent part of Reading till he retired) receive a barrage of nasty comments from the rest.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:48 pm

I think at the end of the Parliament whenever it is, and it can't come too soon for me. It will signal the end of the LibDem party as a political party of any standing. Can anybody tell me as I'm not too up on LebDem policy but have any of their manifesto promises been honoured (or even considered yet) or are they just there to prop up the Tory party.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by berniew , Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Well the promise of proportional representation seems the only one they are interested in , as they believe it will give them many more seats for their existing share of the vote . Their share of the vote will probably be greatly diminished after their performance so far , but if the main parties split the vote as it has been over the last 50 years and depending on which version of PR is adopted , there could be a lot more hung parliaments . Now there' something to look forward to .

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#7 by berniew , Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Posted by phil
Denise

It just shows that people with more money than sense have no idea of whats happening in the real world. Just where does he think after "a short while" these half a million jobs are going to come from when the public sector job losses are going to have a knock on effect of causing another half a million job losses.

Just like a politician he is spouting hot air, he's not that silly that he doesn't know the truth of the matter. At least I don't think he is.

Phil

Hi Phil it's always been my ambition to have more money than sense I've got eight quid , nearly there

berniew  
berniew

#8 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:21 am

Bernie

Stop bragging about having all that money or else the burglars will be around paying you a visit. How did you manage to amass all that in this economic situation.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#9 by berniew , Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:02 pm

I've taken precautions Phil I have hidden it in the microwave they will never find it there

berniew  
berniew

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:36 pm

It's a good job burglars are illiterate. Only I hope you don't forget where it is and switch on. The coins will blow it up.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#11 by berniew , Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:50 pm

It's ok Phil it's in £ notes

berniew  
berniew

#12 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Bernie

I don't how to tell you this mate, after the years it took you to save your fortune, but pound notes are no longer legal tender.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#13 by mikejee , Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:01 pm

And remember (larger than)-pound notes have a metallic strip, so they would probably flash and burn up

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#14 by berniew , Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Well still more sense than money then ?

berniew  
berniew

#15 by Sheldonboy , Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:12 am

I'm surprised you don't keep your money in the freezer Bernie, most people prefer cold hard cash. SB [Laugh Out Loud]

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Tory Twitter

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor