Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Been all shuck up...

#1 by Pom , Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:43 am

Hi everyone I would like to apologise for not taking part of late... not sure if you know , or how much you may know! However I will give it to you in a nutshell... Christchurch where I live here in NZ suffered a rather large earthquake mag' 7.1 (the same size as the one in Haiti) in the early hours of Sept 4th... we have had over 2,000 aftershocks since many over mag'4 to 5.4. Power and water were cut after the first one and so no power no internet... although both power and water were restored with in a day. with so many after shocks power came and went for a while and as they were happening both nighttime and daytime we have had very few unbroken nights of sleep... We did have no deaths at all though and although our own home is damaged we are able to still live in it, for now at any rate.
Well that's it....
Hope to join in more in the future when things are back to normal... not quite sure when that will be though.

Chris

Enjoy and love each day as your last...

Pom
Date registered 07.08.2010

RE: Been all shuck up...

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:46 am

Hi Chris

Nice to hear from you again, we have been reading all about it in the newspapers, its dreadful. The main thing is that you and your family are OK.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by Deleted User , Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:14 am

Yes ,nice to know you are OK

#4 by mikejee , Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Good to know things are OK with you . In the paper here today it says Prince Charles has volunteered to help with advice on rebuilding in Haiti. I hope you are not landed with him as well, else you will end up with all your public buildings built as Greek Temples.
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5 by Sheldonboy , Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Best of luck to you and your family Pom, SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Songs

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor