Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Gunmans House For Sale

#1 by mikejee , Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Quote :
The home of Cumbria gunman Derrick Bird will go on sale at auction next month.
His mid-terrace property in Rowrah goes under the hammer at Carlisle Racecourse on October 14.
Similar houses in the village are on sale at about £70,000 but Bird's household is advertised at a guide price of between £35,000 and £45,000.
The Whitehaven taxi driver went on a shooting rampage on June 2 in which he killed 12 people and then turned his gun on himself.
His relatives have opted for a hopefully swift disposal of the house through property auctioneers Auction House Cumbria.
The house, 26 Rowrah Road, will appear as Lot 39 next month and has been placed in the category of "residential for improvement" in what is termed a "sought-after location".
Its catalogue description reads: "A two bed mid-terrace property situated in a good location briefly comprising lounge, dining kitchen and a three piece bathroom. The property also benefits from part double glazing and a yard to the rear. In need of modernisation throughout."

I wonder who would seek to live in that "sought after location" . I suppose those who go in for ghost hunting and that sort of thing. Certainly wouldn't appeal to me
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 05.07.2014 | Top

RE: Gunmans house for sale

#2 by Deleted User , Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:29 pm

No full of bad vibes I should think.

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:37 pm

I think I have mentioned this before, but it still surprises me that properties can be purchased in this country at the prices mentioned. I can see why our youngsters are moving away from the big Cities. It looks like they have little choice.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:15 pm

I've had a look at it in streetview, country road miles from anywhere, not bad for the price Front door opens straight onto roadway

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Commonwealth Games

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor