Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Fly Tipping Major problem.

#16 by Sheldonboy , Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #15
Quote: Voltman wrote in post #13
Quote: astoness wrote in post #11
if you want to see fly tipping i will show it you...i shall be going down the old end sometime this week and will take some photos...you just wont believe it..[Frowning]

That's just the local's crap. There's no room for flytipping.

volty dont you believe it...you dont go into areas i do..i see it first hand..i have never been a great fan of bcc but on this occasion i cant blame them...i dont just see general food waste dumped to rot when the dirty buggers refuse to use the wheelies provided..i see piles upon piles of household items ie settees..fridges..washing machines..cookers.tumble dryers...dirty rotting mattresses..you name it they dump it and they dump it on the main streets and roads and at the backs of buildings.i can then go around the same places weeks later and the same stuff is still there but added to..as i said i will shortly be able to provide photos...and some folk have the cheek to say i was a slum person and came out of a slum area something i take a great objection to..if they researched the history enough they would know that it was the housing that were slums not the people who lived in them..unlike today where the dirty unwashed couldnt give a dam about cleanliness ...absolutely no way did we have this problems during my childhood...folk couldnt afford to throw half decent stuff out then...i am fuming again so will finish now..

I have to agree with all of that Lyn.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#17 by astoness , Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:57 pm

thank you sb and the photos i will soon be taking will shock some of you who live in fairly decent areas...trust me seeing is believing...

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#18 by Voltman , Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:02 am

Quote: astoness wrote in post #15
volty dont you believe it...you dont go into areas i do..i see it first hand.. (edited)

Calm down Astoness, you'll make yourself ill, the dumpers aren't worth that.

In my work I go to lots of areas in Birmingham. It used to be that every three months I had to go to every school, community centre, old peoples home, training school, etc.
I've seen everything and although I don't travel anywhere near as much now I still pass piles of crap on a regular basis. Green Lane / Newbridge Road is prime spot for fly tipping that I see most of.
Over the years I've learnt to ignore it, I can't go onto site throwing a moody because I just drove past the contents of someones front room.

One thing I did notice, and it still holds true, if the locals throw their crap into the street, expecting someone else to tidy it up for them, it becomes a magnet for fly tippers.

There is an easy way to report it to the council, I have used this when things appear in our street and the response is usually same day.
They also have investigators who go through rubbish to try and identify its source. The sooner they get their hands on it the fresher the evidence.
http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/fly-tipping

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 08.03.2016 | Top

#19 by astoness , Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:45 pm

i hear what you are saying volty and i will try to calm down[Little LOL] but on your point of reporting tipping etc to the council...there is no way they would come out straight away to the areas i go to...its not just a case of a couple of fly tips per road or street ..the whole roads or streets are used as dumping grounds from one end to the other...the council would never afford to clear it all up...not with the cuts backs we have and so it just piles up and piles up over weeks and months..it was never like it in my days of living in this perticular area..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor