Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Botox

#1 by Deleted User , Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am

And not just for ladies.
On the news today ,you can buy botox yourself and anyone can give you the treatment.
Some people are having to cope with awful results.

As a woman in her fifties the old face could do with improving but can honestly say I am not that bothered.As a young woman I was pretty glam but age has took over and that is that.
I see older women around who have had a face job but to me they look odd.

Men are having all the works too now days...does ageing bother you?

Last edited Thu May 26, 2016 9:42 am | Top

RE: BOTOX

#2 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 pm

What's all this sexy polish girls and toyboy business at the bottom of this page, I know it's a free site, but we should have some say in who advertises on here.

signman

#3 by Alice , Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Sorry this answer is off topic and not about Botox but I thought John had a valid point as the adverts are very annoying and some of the subjects would put me off.

John
I think you can make the forum ad free but I dont know if it is a premium service and we have to pay a fee. maybe SB or phil can look into it.

http://www.xobor.com/adfree.html

Alice
Date registered 08.11.2010

Last edited 09.13.2010 | Top

#4 by Alice , Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:17 pm

On the subject of Botox, I personally cant understand why people feel the need to use Botox to enhance their appearance. The after effects of Plastic surgery or botox treatment in some cases give the appearance of something artificial so I dont see how that can enhance their appearance, but I suppose they must feel inwardly better.

I do think people should make the most of their appearance but I would draw the line at injections with chemicals either from an untested source like the internet or by an unqualified person. I think some people have experienced reactions and it has affected their appearence and now wished they hadnt bothered.

Alice

Alice
Date registered 08.11.2010

#5 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 pm

I don't need botox, a couple of pounds of polyfilla will do.

signman

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:25 pm

John

Don't forget the sandpaper !

John & Alice I'll answer your query about an add free forum on another thread later, but I've got to pop out right now.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Phil, I'm not worried about the adverts, but surely you should have a say in the type of ad you don't want on the site, especially since this could be regarded as a family site.

signman

#8 by Deleted User , Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:45 pm

I remember the days when mums were in pinnies,remember them old cross over ones all the time they had them on.Many ladies left their curlers in.I also remember a time when husbands would call their wives mother Yuk.

I like to look reasonable and would be seriously worried if my husband started to call me Mother LOL

I am happy to age in a gentle kind of way..............[Skipping Happy]

Do you think many are afraid now to look their age and if so why ?

We have to let youth go and enjoy what we have.

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:00 pm

I can remember the pinnies and the old metal curlers and the turbans and headscarf's that the women wore to hide them. I can even remember the sand or gravy browning stained legs with eyebrow pencil seams when nylons were in short supply.

I have to say I hated the thick make up that some women wore, and I always preferred the natural look of a woman without it. Why would an English rose need all that muck.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#10 by Voltman , Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Posted by signman
What's all this sexy polish girls and toyboy business at the bottom of this page, I know it's a free site, but we should have some say in who advertises on here.

I have Google Ads on my websites so I know that the adverts are linked to the contents of the page. For instance, if you mention "jet engines" and "holiday resorts" then you should get adverts for those subjects.
VM

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/
http://telsen.co.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Touch Phone

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor