Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

#1 by lostewe , Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:57 am

Hi - I am a new member. Left Birmingham in 1965 for Australia. I remember having to walk down Stoney Lane in Sparkbook in the snow and watch out for snowfalls off the roof of the houses as we walked to school. Now I drive my grand-daughter to school and have to watch out for the kangaroos in case they try to jump on our car. I often think of the changes in all our lives over the years as I am driving her to school.

lostewe  
lostewe
Date registered 03.28.2016

RE: New Member

#2 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Quote: lostewe wrote in post #1
Hi - I am a new member. Left Birmingham in 1965 for Australia. I remember having to walk down Stoney Lane in Sparkbook in the snow and watch out for snowfalls off the roof of the houses as we walked to school. Now I drive my grand-daughter to school and have to watch out for the kangaroos in case they try to jump on our car. I often think of the changes in all our lives over the years as I am driving her to school.

Good evening Lostewe. May I offer a very warm welcome to Brummies Talking. We are a small but friendly bunch and always glad of new friends.
I don't know when you last walked down Stoney Lane but I suggest it's very different now. Until I retired a few weeks ago I used to work just down the road on Warwick Road. It's not a pleasant area now I am afraid.
Please feel free to get to know our forum , make yourself at home and enjoy. Sheldonboy

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by astwood , Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Welcome Lostewe I bet the weather is a bit warmer over there

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#4 by lostewe , Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Thank you for your warm welcome. Regarding the weather - we are just moving into Autumn now and as I write this I am sat next to a lovely warm log fire. Days are nice and warm but the nights can be very chilly. The only trouble is cutting up the wood - it can be a bit of a pain.

I do hear about the old neighbourhood and often feel sad that it has fallen onto such sad times. I still have rellies in Birmingham and we get to hear a lot of the news - good and bad. We were back for a holiday in 1992 and my husband (a liverpudlian) thought that Warwickshire was beautiful and said he could live there any day.

lostewe  
lostewe
Date registered 03.28.2016

#5 by Sheldonboy , Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Yes Maam, Most of Warwickshire is very nice, but Birmingham hasn't been part of Warwickshire since 1974. Unfortunately as I and your relatives say, some parts are just not too pleasant. I don't know the area where you live of course but trust me it must be nicer that this. SB

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Member Reporting For Duty

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor