Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Glasses Nightmare

#1 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:59 am

I finally picked up my new specs on Saturday from Boots. They first pair they made didn't have Varifocal Lenses in, they should have. Then they didn't believe me when I said I couldn't read through them and they twisted them out of shape to adjust them. So then they sent them away to have new Lenses installed. But when they came back the frame was faulty, so they sent them away to have a new frame put on the Lenses. When they came back the frame didn't fit the lenses. So after a very stimulating and severe complaining session I chose a new frame and collected them on Saturday. These seem perfect. The service I received from the shop, Boots Hight Street Birmingham was very good. But the manufacturing quality was awful. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Glasses Nightmare

#2 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:08 am

SB,you've made me think again now, I was going to Boots to get a new pair of reading glasses, and I could do with a pair of prescription sunglasses, haven't been to an optician in over 30 years, thought it was about time.
It was a choice between Boots or Specsavers.

signman

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:50 am

I have used Specsavers for the last ten years or so. I have to say they are the cheapest by far. Of late though I have started to note quality issues creeping in. The specs my wife has at the moment the lens keeps popping out. She has returned them for repair 4 times now in six months. The next time I am going to demand they are replaced.

Another time, I usually have my lens's Photochromic this one time I collected my glasses having paid the extra I found that they wasn't working. I took them back and they tried to tell me I hadn't asked for that type of lens's. I produced the receipt from my pocket and they couldn't apologise enough.

If my wife doesn't get new glasses when the lens pops out again next time (and it will) then we will be off to pastures new.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by mikejee , Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 am

That looks bad for me. I have always gone to Dolland & Atcheson, and they have always been very good for my minor needs. However , last time i went i learnt they have been taken over by Boots . The Boots people are under constant pressure to cut costs since they have been taken over by that asset stripper, so that they can pay what it cost to take them over ! Last year (they keep my prescriptions for six months behind the counter) they lost them. A month go i went in to get the usual monthly packets and they tried to tell me the only ones they had were out of date. What had happened was that they had found the old prescriptions that they had lost a year before and didn't bother to look any further. mind you the discount they give on their own products to over-60s is well worth having

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:17 pm

I have recently found a factory business that makes high quality Glasses from your own prescription, the savings are immense. This is not an advert I stand to gain nothing. But if you have a recent prescription and are in the Birmingham area,I'll tell you where it is. Just send me a pm. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Lichfield Clock

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor