Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Legal Aid Reforms Stopped

#1 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:51 pm

How much time and money has been wasted on this one, Well done Mr Gove. This man should resign.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35432581

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 02.17.2016 | Top

RE: Legal Aid reforms stopped

#2 by mikejee , Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:10 pm

While I agree with SB's sentiments, the report states that it was Gove's predescesor that introduced it. While all the present government should morally resign in disgust with themselves, I don't think you should single out Gove on a policy he stopped and did not introduce

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by Voltman , Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:06 am

Something still needs to be done about the massive amount of public money that solicitors walk away with everytime someone is arrested.
These people get paid just for turning up, they even get paid for getting guilty people off scot free. How dare they claim British Justice needs saving because their fees are threatened.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 01.29.2016 | Top

#4 by mikejee , Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Solicitors have always conned people over their bills. After my divorce they tried to claim VAT on their bill. It was not applicable as all the work had been carried out before VAT was introduced, so I ponied that out. They then sent me a replacement bill accepting this but adding an additional fee for consulting a QC which they said had been accidentally omitted. So I ended up paying more than I would have with VAT

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Germany Uneasy On Migrants

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor