Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1351 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:56 pm

I hope his yardarm is strong enough if he has to be strung up.

phil

#1352 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:59 pm

I don't know him that well Phil

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1353 by Sheldonboy , Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:36 am

Good morning everyone and yes if you have looked outside it is as cold as it looks.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1354 by astwood , Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 am

Morning All
Yes its Freezing cold today

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#1355 by tca , Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 am

thank you people, not so much as a desertion more of self presavation, my decision to leave blighty was based on the conservative decision to make same sex legal for consenting adults - I thought it best to go before they made it compusary LOL

the true story follows
to be truthfully - I am a very strong labour man, still am, but I was driving trucks (sorry lorrys) that carried UK car parts - either to the docks from Ryton, Solihull and Oxford, this was 1972/3 lots of docks strikes which caused untold damage to the UK car industry.

I had been stuck in London docks for 5 days, could not go home just stuck ,So I caught the tube into the city, I went to the US and Australia embassys, picked up the paper work to emigrate. back at the docks i got chatting to a guy who was telling me mate went to OZ and was loving it. I went back into london, ask what did i need to do at OZ embassy, they said nothing as pom u have the right to go.

I went home said to my wife we going to OZ, next day I booked a flight, signed the papers to sell my house and gave everything to my father in law to sell for me

so I arrived in australia with a letter from leyland to the Leyland plant in Melbourne asking them to give me a job, (sadly) it closed the week before I arrived. So two children under 3, no job and no idea where I was going to live.

but it all worked out, never looked back, I have been lucky enough to work in several industries, and had a lot of fun. which is what the cruise things is about, I love travel and ships, so i thought if im retired and I take a group of people of a cruise and I take them as group manager then i could do three cruises a year for free, 1 in the med, 1 in the south pacific and 1 in carribbean, but as i say it got very busy very quickly.

TCA is mine themecruisesaustralia.com

i do come home regularly every 2nd year, last year came twice, I can usually be found in the drawbridge pub - its close to shirley

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#1356 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 pm

tca

Yes I have heard many success stories about those who emigrated to Australia and other parts of the world and I wish them and yourself nothing but further success and happiness. Sadly though I have also seen the other side of the coin and spoken to those that came back disillusioned. I even know of one gentleman and his wife that came back to have his hip joint replaced and both he and his wife had dental treatment, I still don't know how he wangled that, because directly he recovered he was off back to OZ.

phil

#1357 by astoness , Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 pm

afternoon all...my advise is stop in unless you have to go out it really is cold and windy over this way today...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1358 by Deleted User , Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Well done tca,glad things have worked out well for you.
One thing I like about you is that you do not spend all your time telling us how crap we are in the UK .Some ex pats make a life style of doing that.
Hope everybody had a great Easter.

#1359 by Sheldonboy , Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #22474
afternoon all...my advise is stop in unless you have to go out it really is cold and windy over this way today...

Had no thoughts of going out after this morning. Mrs SB had me planting some bulbs this morning, nearly froze to flippin death. Silly Mrs SB.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1360 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 pm

No silly Mr SB for doing it, stand up and be counted, rebel and strike a blow for mankind, but don't tell me wife that i told you to do it.

phil

#1361 by Sheldonboy , Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #22477
No silly Mr SB for doing it, stand up and be counted, rebel and strike a blow for mankind, but don't tell me wife that i told you to do it.

sorry pal I have printed that off and signed it for authenticity. I will keep it on file for future incriminating use. Have a nice day sir.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1362 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:13 pm

You don't scare me, the only person that does can't work a computer so I'm safe from her.

phil

#1363 by Sheldonboy , Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #22479
You don't scare me, the only person that does can't work a computer so I'm safe from her.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1364 by Sheldonboy , Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 pm

And its goodnight from him

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1365 by astoness , Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:47 am

morning all...its another cold day by the feel of it so i will be stopping in...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor