Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

TO ALL GUESTS.

#1 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon May 31, 2010 5:31 am

Just lately when logging on, I've noticed we have several guests viewing- 3 as I type this, so come on folks who are you, introduce yourselves and come and join in.
You don't have to be a brummie, you are obviously interested, come and make a contribution to the site in the way of a photograph, brummie knowledge, a new game or whatever you like as long as it's clean and legal.
Who's going to be first, and have an avatar designed for them.
Don't be shy, give it a try.

signman

RE: TO ALL GUESTS.

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon May 31, 2010 9:58 am

John

It seems this is a problem that is common to all these types of sites. Like yourself I have noticed it often. I'm only glad that people are finding their way here in the first place. Let's just hope that when they have gotten used to us and can see we are not a bad bunch, they might decide to join us.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: TO ALL GUESTS.

#3 by Voltman , Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Apart from members who have logged out and not closed the connection, the guest list also includes a number of search engine web crawlers / bots.
They are identifiable but how it is done I am not sure. It may be that their IP address can be recorded by the forum software and checked against a directory.
Perhaps there is a feature that could be turned on in this forum that will show the current types of guest?
VM

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it is the only one you have." Emile-Auguste Chartier

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
To any Visitors with a complaint

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor