Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Photography

#1 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 10:53 am

If any members want a free photo software programme, download Photoplus SE from here
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/softwar...ey_features.asp

very good and Free, one of the best.

signman
Last edited Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:11 am | Top

RE: PHOTOGRAPHY.

#2 by Voltman , Sun May 09, 2010 12:11 pm

I bought Paint Shop Pro X2 from Amazon. It's really cheap now the new version is out.
How do these two compare, Signman?

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 12:36 pm

VM . just before I answer your question, this is not the photography section, I just posted it for the link to Serif photoplus, still waiting for Phil to ok.
I have Adobe,Paintshop pro, Microsoft digital image suite, Serif photoplus x3,and Nikon picture project.
They all have their merits and some slight failings, but all will do what most people want,:ie, re-sizing, auto exposure adjust,colour correction,
cropping, straightening etc.
But if that's all you want without a steep learning curve, and, spending quite a bit of money, Serif SE free download foots the bill nicely.

signman
Last edited Sun May 09, 2010 12:37 pm | Top

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 12:54 pm

John

What are you waiting for me to OK. I've already downloaded the programme to give it a try. I'm still using Microsoft Picture It. It's pretty basic but as I don't do much with my photos it suits me. But as usual I am willing to try anything.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Voltman , Sun May 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Signman, thanks for that. I came here before going on to read that you were starting a new thread, so I thought this must have been it.
Why not just get Phil to move it to somewhere less crowded.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#6 by Voltman , Sun May 09, 2010 1:08 pm

So, anyway, I take it you are a Nikon man then Signman?
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 1:42 pm

John

Do you want that I move this thread to hobbies, because it's no problem. Just say the word mate and it's there.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Suppose it would be more appropriate, leave it to you Phil.
VM,
I have no leaning towards any make ,I have a Nikon dslr, Fuji FIOOd,and quite a few little compacts I've picked up at boot sales, and played with, I also have a Canon 600 film camera which I still use, and have the photos put onto disc instead of developing the film.
Also 2 old russian cameras which I love a Zorki and a Fed,plus a Yashica medium format.

signman

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 2:33 pm

John

I'm having a problem moving the thread, going to have to contact Xobor. Speak to you later.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#10 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 2:42 pm

I am not fussed really Phil.

signman

#11 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 4:57 pm

John

Maybe not, but things should work on the site. If we were one of these forums that adhered to protocol rigidly then the membership would be in an uproar if something was posted in the wrong place and it couldn't be moved.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Sun May 09, 2010 7:05 pm | Top

#12 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun May 09, 2010 5:29 pm

quite rightly so, therefore do what you have to.

signman

#13 by Voltman , Mon May 10, 2010 7:44 am

Signman,
I have a Canon EOS300 that I don't use anymore, in favour of my 400D because I don't want to store any more prints than I have to.
I've known about the photo discs since day one but have never actually had any made. I had a Kodak demo disc back when the best PC resolution was 640 x 480 and I don't remember being impressed.

So I was wondering what resolution are the images on your discs?
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#14 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon May 10, 2010 8:35 am

VM. this is one straight off the disc, 1024 1536, res. 400., I've just resized it for sending.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#15 by Voltman , Mon May 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Ok, thanks Signman.
Of course now it's been resized I can't actually view it in it's original form, but what I will do is resize one of my own shots to match the original resolution and see what I think.
It would be nice to use a few films again.

I did have a spell where I shot a load of slide film and developed it myself. I have a load of kit from whenI was 16 and built a darkroom in the shed, I had a go a making my own prints and still have some of them, they haven't gone brown yet.

That's Alpha Tower from the Hall of memory, isn't it?
VM

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor