Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Gardening

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:00 pm

Tell us all about your garden here

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Gardening

#2 by Sheldonboy , Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Bulbs are coming up everywhere. Our Magnolia Tree is covered in buds, as it's supposed to start snowing today, it looks a bit dodgy. SB

If all else fails Read the instructions

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 04.13.2014 | Top

#3 by PJ , Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:05 pm

Denise,
Have I mentioned the problem I have with Jasmine Honeysuckle.
PJ.

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#4 by Deleted User , Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:54 pm

YES YOU HAVE lol

#5 by paul , Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:11 am

went out this morning to give the birds some food and water some of my daffs are poking there heads out then next thing to come up will be the snowdrops springs on its way each night stays lighter by one Minuit

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#6 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:57 am

What birds vist you.

Over the years I have noticed the decline in the number of sparrows.Happy to say we have quite a few here.

The magpie has created a big problems for a lot of the smaller birds.

#7 by paul , Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:15 am

we have all kinds of birds in our garden but it depends on what bird food we put out we have most of the tit family two par of black bird a par of robins iv seen woodpeckers fly catchers jays and even an owl shouting the odds

paul  
paul

#8 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:43 am

I love owls.

You hear them quite often by my mums.

Have seen a lot of the green woodpecker at our caravan.Every spring we hear the cuckoo.

Heard the cuckoo for the first time last spring in Meriden.

#9 by PJ , Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Magpies,
Some people love them others hate them, I watched them harrass a Jay this morning before he could get to the feed put out on the shed roof, and yet they never seem to bother the black birds male or female that call to feed.

PJ  
PJ

#10 by paul , Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:20 pm

because i have got lots of tree in the garden and around the place we get squirrels and they do not seem to get on with Magpies i put a bag of pea nuts out that did not last long Mr squirrel decided to have the lot away bag to and i think that Mr magpie was grassing him up with the racket being made we put some cat food out for a stray cat magpie had that to

paul  
paul

#11 by erdogladys , Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:58 pm

We have lots of different birds visit our garden. Denise we have'nt had a green woodpecker, but we have greater spotted woodpeckers come quite often to feed off the nuts. I think they come over from Witton cemetery

Erdogladys x

erdogladys  
erdogladys

Founder Member

#12 by Deleted User , Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:21 am

Enjoyed reading all your posts.

When I lived in Moseley nearly the only bird you would see would be the Magpie.Mum in Acocks Green has a lot of them too.

Out here in Meriden you rarely see one.Sparrows and tits abound round here.I keep meaning to read up on Birds as I can not reckognise all of them.

When I had my old allotment in Edgbaston the robins were so tame and scrabble round your feet while you were digging.Never seen anything like it.On the Meriden allotment we have robins and they come close but are more wary.

#13 by paul , Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:48 am

at my old house we used to feed the birds and my wife took to sling food scraps out spuds cabbage things like that most days something went out this one day she had got nothing to put out we was sitting in the conservatory and we could hear tap tap but could see nothing tap tap this went on few five minutes then i seen something by the door it was the biggest crow you have ever seen he was tapping on the back door for food so my wife found a few bits and put them out after that he would sit on the roof and he would come down in the garden and stand by the side of us until he got fed i said he but it was a she come the spring we had to feed her kids too and yes you got it her bloody kids started knocking on the door to

paul  
paul

#14 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Paul

Blackbirds make a nice pie, especially if you have got 24 of them.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:11 pm | Top

#15 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Phil that's a terrible thing to say, how can anyone eat such lovely things as Blackbirds. Squirrells are much nicer. SB

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Wonderful Film On Pollination

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor