Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: The future looks bleak

#16 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:11 am

Mike I have said before I have heard people moan about our local Hospital Heartlands. I had a few days in there last week and I can only say that the care I received was superb, second to none. From all levels of staff and the food was very tasty. (apart from the coffee), but they are not running a cafe are they.

The only way is up
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#17 by The Mitz , Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:12 am

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #15
Cancer used to be something that was not talked about. I think things have changed somewhat. This probably is partially because the hospitals have become much more patient friendly. When I had my prostate fried some years ago I was pleasantly surprised at how patient-friendly the local hospital was I could not praise them any higher for the care and consideration they took. As you know , more recently I had the opportunity to view the hospital many times very recently visiting my mother. Certainly I don't think that anyone could ask for better care. This must encourage people to see that there problems are treated, and not be scared to report their worries.

Had we chosen to not talk about it, one of my wifes friends would have probably died. She wouldn't have gone for a check up if it hadn't been for my wife talking to her about her own experiences. As it was, it was touch and go.

People should talk about it, and by doing so they will highlight the importance of checking your health. It was worrying to see the amount of people undergoing Radiotherapy at QE. All the waiting rooms were full, all of the time. That's why I say, the tide of cancer is already flowing in, it seems. If that's down to people living longer or not, I don't know. All we can do it use the NHS to keep check on our health, and that applies to Women and men

www.jonjones.eu

The Mitz
Date registered 12.19.2013

Last edited 02.12.2014 | Top

#18 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 am

There are some great posts on this subject well done everyone. I must say to everyone if you suspect problems, on any health matter get it checked out. I am so glad I did so recently.

The only way is up
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Volcano in Indonesia

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor