http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 05.07.2014 | Top

RE: Migrant Patients to be charged by NHS

#2 by Slow Jo , Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:21 pm

It's camerons way of trying to distract people from the real important thing's,I don't think it will happen it would cost to much to run ,and whose going to collect it ?.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#3 by The Mitz , Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:40 am

The cost is small compared to the savings, you just need the right system.

Having returned from Spain where you are treated generally like a leper by the UK government, they have quite clear systems. They wont turn an EU citizen away for emergency treatment, but a lot of extra treatment is paid for, for instance a longer hospital stay. In Spain you have to prove you have adequate health cover and income now when you move there. There are too many Brits and other expats there who just expect to get free health cover if they are ill.

The same should exist here for non EU citizens. If you come to live here and you dont contribute to the system then you get no health cover. You have to go private. If you contribute, then get it.

The Mitz
Date registered 12.19.2013

#4 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:41 am

I have worked all my life had to pay taxes, national insurance and still have to pay for prescriptions so why should any immigrants come to this country without paying a penny and expect free medical treatment

Shard End boy

denniscarole

#5 by The Mitz , Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 am

Well, apart from the EU health agreements, they shouldn't. On going to live in Spain we had private health cover. We weren't entitled to state care because we weren't of retirement age and we didn't work. That's the way it SHOULD be, unless you are on holiday and you fall ill.

The Mitz

Last edited 01.01.2014 | Top

#6 by Sheldonboy , Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:12 pm

Surely it can't be surprise to anyone that you don't get anything for nothing. Everything costs money, especially being served by skilled staff.

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:44 pm

I don't know if i've posted this in the right thread but I have just read that the Romanians are on their way and are saying that they will earn around £40 a day by begging because the British are so generous They are planning hanging placards around their necks saying i'm ill and have cancer

Shard End boy

denniscarole
Last edited Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:41 am | Top

#8 by Sheldonboy , Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Dennis they wouldn't get a penny from me. I only give to proper charities and support them Beggers get Begger all from me.

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:16 pm

Sheldonboy Don't get me wrong I am not tight although some might say I am, only if they don't get their own way I don't give any donations to charities as the people who need it don't get it. There was an advert on the tele the other week saying that of every pound donated 96pence goes to the people who need it, where does the other 4 pence go. 4 pence may not seem a lot but multiply that by a lot of donations and you are talking a lot of money for someone.

Shard End boy

denniscarole
Last edited Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:16 pm | Top

#10 by Sheldonboy , Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:30 pm

Quote: denniscarole wrote in post #9
Sheldonboy Don't get me wrong I am not tight although some might say I am, only if they don't get their own way I don't give any donations to charities as the people who need it don't get it. There was an advert on the tele the other week saying that of every pound donated 96pence goes to the people who need it, where does the other 4 pence go. 4 pence may not seem a lot but multiply that by a lot of donations and you are talking a lot of money for someone.

Shard End boy

Dennis I have worked for charities and my wife and I are trusties of a charity at present. All charities are NOT the same I can assure you. Not all collected money goes to the cause, of course there are running costs, of course these costs have to be met. But without the charity running in the first place a great deal of work wouldn't get done. The main thing is that these costs are kept to an absolute minimum. Charities have to be registered with the Charities Commission. charities have to keep detailed accounts and they are scrutinised.
Yes there are dodgy charities as there are dodgy businesses. Wherever money is involved there is that chance. But many people work for many charities and receive not a penny in return. SB

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 am

Probably a lot of people will not like me for this and I admire you for your charity work. I am probably hanging myself. But take the red cross which I admire.Their head offices are in Wimbledon one of the sort after locations in London . Do they need that ? they have 2600 staff do they need that many, when they have 31,000 volunteers
This is my grudge and yes I've copied it
Charity boss 'earning more than £100,000' a year says six-figure salaries 'aren't an issue for donors'

Astonishing outburst came as pressure grows on charity bosses
Figures show at least 30 enjoy salaries of more than £100,000 a year
Many organisation are taxpayer funded through government, EU and UN
Head of Charity Commission accused right-wingers of hating charities

Shard End boy

denniscarole
Last edited Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:45 am | Top

#12 by Voltman , Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:03 am

Many charities prove to be run more for the benefit of the directors than the supposed cause.
Charity is a big business which without volunteers wouldn't exist. So how do the high rolling freeloading directors get away with it?

I remember seeing some TV documentary where bosses are brought to the shop floor to do a days work.
One such "boss" was the head of the RSPCA. He attended a call out to a maltreated dog. His minion went in a van while he turned up in his Rolls Royce.
He knew he was being filmed, he was just too stupid and spoiled to see the crime in it. I do not support the RSPCA.

I recently discovered that my long time charity, The RNLI (Shoreline Member), tried to put another local sea rescue group out of business many years ago.
I will research this when I get the opportunity and perhaps, in future, my money will go to the underdog, who still operate but with very little support.

One thing is for sure, notwithstanding the RNLI Irish arrangement, I never give to charities who claim to support anything outside of the UK.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#13 by astoness , Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:55 am

Quote: denniscarole wrote in post #7
I don't know if i've posted this in the right thread but I have just read that the Romanians are on their way and are saying that they will earn around £40 a day by begging because the British are so generous They are planning hanging placards around their necks saying i'm ill and have cancer

Shard End boy

dont start me on this one dennis they wont get a penny from me..[Frowning]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#14 by The Mitz , Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:01 am

I think we ought to get this in perspective
Under EU laws we are allowed to travel between countries in the Union. However, that doesn't mean that everyone is going to come to the UK! Interviewing people in Hungary and Romania, people seem genuinely insulted that the UK Government has whipped people up into a frenzy about hoards of them coming over here to sponge off the state. It's been stated its a plan to pull peoples focus from the real issues in the UK.
Poles are cited as an example .... however my experience is that most Poles I met are hard working and employed and came here because they wanted to better themselves by working. I saw a report some months ago that showed that immigrants form a tiny percentage of people that are claiming benefits in the UK, it's mainly lazy Brits!

The Mitz

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Coins For The New Year

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor