Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Armed Raider Hit German Market

#1 by astoness , Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 pm

although this attack was not actually around the area of the market where the stalls are and i have never really been scared of going about my business in a peaceful manner news such as this makes me think twice...i was going to have a look round the german market again this year but think i will give it a miss now as i would spend more time keeping an eye on me money than enjoying it the market...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming...-german-6341335

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 11.28.2013 | Top

RE: ARMED RAIDER HIT GERMAN MARKET

#2 by Sheldonboy , Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Generally Birmingham on the whole is as safe as anywhere, but no-one should be complacent. One of the biggest problems is pick pockets. One easy place for a pickpocket is where there is a sign "BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS" most people, me included tap their pocket where their purse or wallet is to make sure it is still there and safe. Of coarse what we have just done is show any pickpockets where our treasure is. These days thieves operate in gangs and your valuables must be secure. I always kept my wallet in my back pocket, now when I need to it goes in my front pocket with my hand on it. Don't forget the most popular place to be robbed is at the cash dispensers just after a withdrawal.

The only way is up
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: ARMED RAIDER HIT GERMAN MARKET

#3 by astoness , Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #2
Generally Birmingham on the whole is as safe as anywhere, but no-one should be complacent. One of the biggest problems is pick pockets. One easy place for a pickpocket is where there is a sign "BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS" most people, me included tap their pocket where their purse or wallet is to make sure it is still there and safe. Of course what we have just done is show any pickpockets where our treasure is. These days thieves operate in gangs and your valuables must be secure. I always kept my wallet in my back pocket, now when I need to it goes in my front pocket with my hand on it. Don't forget the most popular place to be robbed is at the cash dispensers just after a withdrawal.

good advise...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 11.27.2013 | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor