Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Munns Brothers

#1 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:34 pm

My first Job was working for Munns Brothers, 45-55 Camden Street Hockley. Just down the road from Bulpits the Swan Brand people. Munns was owned and run by Mr David Willey the chairman and his two sons Graham and Laurence Willey. In my years there we were still doing mainly black and white developing and printing for about 400 dealers ie: Boots Chemists, Timothy Whites and Taylors, The Co-op and many other dealers the majority of which were called on by our fleet of Morris minor and small Bedford vans.
In the summer times of the 1960's we were processing around 9-10 thousand Black and white films per week. the cost of "Enprints" in those days was 6d.
In the summer our staff was greatly enlarged by students and other temporary staff.
Munns took over a company called Sibley Hindley in Coventry and Birmingham Photofinishers in Ickneild Port Road during the 1960s. Companies like this started to disappear as shops with on site processors started to appear. SB

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/
I would Agree with you but then we would both be wrong wouldn't we.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lucas Factory

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor