Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

This Is A Good One

#1 by astoness , Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 pm

hope that by saying nowt my views are clear on this one..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...-to-prayer.html

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 07.03.2013 | Top

RE: THIS IS A GOOD ONE

#2 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 pm

They have got to be Bloody Joking

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:35 pm

I can't see what harm it will do, if you don't want to hear or see it do not switch your TV on, I wouldn't agree to it being broadcasted over loudspeakers from the minarets on Mosques as they wanted to do a few years back though.

phil

#4 by mikejee , Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:26 pm

I agree with Phil. If they want to do it then, as long as it does not interfere with anyone (unlike the catholic's continual attempted interference with normal people), then let them. There is the point, though, that, with the exception TimeTeam which has now been axed, an enormously large proportion of channel four's oujtput has been in support of morons, perverts, the mentally depraved or just disturbed, and those who are just plain nuts. Unless moslems want to associate themselves with this sort of person, then perhaps they should reconsider

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 07.02.2013 | Top

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Mike

As I have said before, I watch very little television so I have no idea of the machinations of the various channels. I didn't realise that Time Team was being cut, it was one of the few programmes that I enjoyed when I did watch the box.

Actually this was one of the reasons why I asked not long back if the still rang the church bells on Sundays, if so I cannot see that they will be able to hold back amplified calls to prayer from the Minarets for much longer.

In all honesty as most Mosques are in areas surrounded by Muslims, depending on the volume allowed I would have no objection and I don't think it would upset my Friday too much.

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #5
Mike

As I have said before, I watch very little television so I have no idea of the machinations of the various channels. I didn't realise that Time Team was being cut, it was one of the few programmes that I enjoyed when I did watch the box.

Actually this was one of the reasons why I asked not long back if the still rang the church bells on Sundays, if so I cannot see that they will be able to hold back amplified calls to prayer from the Minarets for much longer.

In all honesty as most Mosques are in areas surrounded by Muslims, depending on the volume allowed I would have no objection and I don't think it would upset my Friday too much.

Not in my back yard though?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by astoness , Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:22 pm

there is now a new mosque opposite the old mint works in ickneild st...original plan was to blow off the claxton twice a day to signal prayer time but after protest by local residents i believe that idea has now been shelved...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#8 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #7
there is now a new mosque opposite the old mint works in ickneild st...original plan was to blow off the claxton twice a day to signal prayer time but after protest by local residents i believe that idea has now been shelved...

For a while

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #6

Yet you would say nothing if the bells of the local churches rang all day on a Sunday, that's not very Christian of you is it?

phil

#10 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #9
Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #6

Yet you would say nothing if the bells of the local churches rang all day on a Sunday, that's not very Christian of you is it?

That's not going to happen anyway though is it. We certainly have Muslims living in our locality now, Its only a matter of time before a Mosque appears. Dont forget it only needs to be a house. our local church bell rings at 9.45am every Sunday and yes my wife and I are both members.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by astoness , Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:50 pm

well i would rather hear church bells ringing for a few mins each sunday morning than something going off that is said to resemble the all clear twice a day..every day all year long..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#12 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Well at least you wouldn't need an alarm clock, as I understand it the faithful are called to prayer at dawn every morning, but Friday is generally the nominated day for prayer at the Mosque.

phil

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor