Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Anyone hungry

#1 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:54 am

This would make a change
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22812158
How about Hamster dips

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 06.11.2013 | Top

RE: Anyone hungry

#2 by mikejee , Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 am

Most animals we eat (if "we" are not vegetarian) are cute and cuddly when they are young. Doesn't stop me eating them. Wouldn't particularly fancy guinea pig as it would be small, full of little bones , and fiddly. That is the reason I would not eat pigeon , having onec done so and found it gross and fiddly. Pity really , as I do not like pigeons and , from my point of view, they are the animals that most should be eaten to get rid of them !

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 06.11.2013 | Top

#3 by tca , Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:18 pm

now dont get picky on your tucker boys - your lucky to live in an afulent country, having travelled a fair bit in Veitnam, China and parts of Burma and I have seen what they eat, not because they want to - but they need to to stay alive. very sad. many years ago I made my two children spend a day at a school in Indonesa, they didnt understand much but they had a whole new outlook when we returned home - at the time they were about 8 yrs old - good for the soul, the western world just doesnt understand how luckly they have been since the last war and the opportunities they have wasted
sorry i will get off me soapbox

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm

When it boils down to it we will eat anything if we get hungry enough, even each other.

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #4
When it boils down to it we will eat anything if we get hungry enough, even each other.

I will eat most things, but what I don't eat nothing would entice me to. Mussels etc. One thing I couldn't stand the taste or smell of is Tea. If I pick some up in error and sip it, I would have to spit it out.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 pm

If I made two piles one of everything that I will eat and another of what I won't eat. The pile that of foods that I won't eat would be four times the size of the one that I will.

phil

#7 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #6
If I made two piles one of everything that I will eat and another of what I won't eat. The pile that of foods that I won't eat would be four times the size of the one that I will.

I wouldn't for example give you a thank you for the likes of Octopus, squid etc, nor most kinds of offal.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#8 by tca , Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 pm

its funny how we all look at food in a different way, having worked on a fishing trawler therss not much in the fish line i dont like, yet i cant handle oysters, i dont like ocopus unless its deep fried as camamari. having had school dinners like you guys I cant face any sort of pasta other than rice- the thoughts of school with sago, or maccaroni is enought to make me ill. yet I will eat most chinese or thai food Ive even been in a top notch resturant in Xiamen and been offered cat, dog, snake and various other wierd items -my favorite asian dish Singapore chill crab. but i cant go past bacon (english) eggs, tomato and fried bread cant beat englih bacon, YEH now im hungry

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
pay cuts inevitable at present

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor