Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Brown the Clown in Afghanistan

#1 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:29 am

So Gordon Brown has visited out troops in Afghanistan.
According to the Sunday Times," British Special Forces have suffered the worst blow to their fighting strength since world war two. They have had 12 killed and 70 left unable to fight. "
Gordon Browns trip to the war zone is covered by many of today's papers if you are desperate for something to read.
But at least Brown was able to go on a vote chasing exercise. Where were the Americans with their Friendly Fire when we needed them.

If this was the best I could do. It wasn't good enough

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Brown the Clown in Afghanistan

#2 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:46 am

Stick him in a uniform for a month, and see how he gets on then,-he's a total tosspot.

signman

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:56 pm

SB

As you say, no more that a fishing expedition in an attempt to catch votes in the upcoming election. We will be seeing more and more of this in the upcoming weeks from all sides of the house. The worst thing about it is that they think us so gullible. It's so sickening.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Who the hell do we vote for. I personally don't believe or trust any of the cast of the present Westminster Show. Usually there are understudies waiting in the wings. Unfortunately we have no-one of star quality. On the one hand we have Brown the Clown and his travelling Circus of Muppets.
On the other hand we have David Cameron and his Tory misfits, how can they be trusted to run the country when they couldn't form a credible opposition.
As for the Glib Dems, who is Nick Clegg and just what are his policies. The BMP and Independants obviously can't form a Government but I think we will see some of their candidates elected.
I keep hearing some people say that they won't bother to vote, that would be a disaster. No party should get into Government by default.
Even worse is hearing people who don't vote, moaning about the Government of the day when they have no right. Everyone of course must vote according to their conscience. I just hope we don't get an outbreak of mass apathy. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm hoping for a mass non turn out and a mass non vote leading to a hung government. It's about time that elected government realised that they are where they are by our pleasure. We have the power to put them there and we have the power to get them out.

I'm sick and tired of the smug, self serving, hypocrites that are poor excuses for politicians these days. Oh for a few Foots, Shurmers, Bevans of yesteryear even Churchill at a pinch even though he was the wrong party.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Can you imagine Churchill passing a Bill to stop people smoking at work. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 am

To be quite honest, I can't see Churchill putting up with half the crap today. I know one thing Tory or not he would not have allowed that "woman" in the cabinet.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Sheldonboy , Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Any particular Woman ?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:32 pm

A woman prime minister that thankfully we threw out.

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Icelands Debt.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor