Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Jamie Bulger Killer Re-Arrested

#1 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:22 am

It has been reported today that one of Jamie Bulgers Killers has been returned to custody after breaching his bail condittions.
Should he have been out.
I know he was very young, but the crime was so serious.
How would we feel as a parent of any of the children involved.

If this was the best I could do. It wasn't good enough

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 05.07.2014 | Top

RE: JAMIE BULGER KILLER RE-ARRESTED

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Do we know what he was returned to prison for? What was the breach of his parole conditions that got him returned to prison?

There are so many things you can be returned to prison for, even being drunk or being somewhere you shouldn't.

Are we to blame, have we took a young mentally disturbed child placed him in an environment where his only friends would be young criminals?

This lad should have been hospitalised and received the best mental care that the country could give.

To be honest I don't know how he was treated but I wouldn't be surprised if he was just thrown in the slammer and seen by a trick cyclist every three months.

I know he and his partner in this affair committed a terrible crime, but who do we blame for that surely not them, their parents, their environment, society, yes maybe. But they were 10 years of age themselves at the time. Can children of that age really and truly know the meaning of right and wrong, do they really understand what death is?

I know many might not agree with me, but this is my opinion.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:50 pm

I agree with most of what you say Phil, but I don't think they should have been let out when they were. They certainly deserved to be locked up, but as you say maybe a hospital would have been better. The reasons for their behavior are one thing, but they have proven what they are capable of. I wouldn't want them released in my area. It's a real sick world when kids are apable of what they did. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Phil,
I'm afraid I don't agree with you there mate.
They knew exactly what they were doing, to my mind it was pre-meditated that they were going to get someone, you only have to watch the video footage of them calmly walking away with that child, I wonder what they said to him initially.

signman

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:31 pm

John

I'm not saying that there was no guilt on their part, but do you think murder & death means the same to a 10 year old than it does to you or me.

What I am saying is do you think that the blame lies 100% on their heads and nobody but they are to blame. Besides the poor child that died and his family, no one else seems to have suffered except these two children as much as they may have deserved to.

Were the parents of Khyra Ishaq the only ones responsible for her death. Birmingham City Council have just spent £113,000 trying to convince us of that probability.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:48 am

Phil I understand your point about what murder and death means to a ten year old child. But the end result is the same. I'm sure Jamie Bulgers parents would think so.
If either one of these two kids struck again (god forbid)I wouldn't like to be the person responsible for making the Decision to free them.

As for the appalling story of Khyra Ishaq That just beggars belief, I thought that was what we had a welfare system for, and why we had so many checks. It's not much good looking for Pedophiles in parks when so many kids are being murdered by their parents. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:10 am

Reading between the lines, I think you will find that Venables has committed another very serious crime.
And I'm sure that the public will demand AND get answers even his father is asking to be told.
Like I have said on other posts elsewhere it's about time this country had a serious review of it's criminal punishment policy ,it has become far too lenient and lax in the wake of all the lord longford s and do gooders.
Phil, I agree to a certain extent about aportioning the blame, but to whom, parents, teachers,after all these are the two sets of people first in line when it comes to teaching us right from wrong.

signman

#8 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 am

John

It does not seem that Venables is the tearaway that he is being painted. To be quite honest he seems like a good percentage of our youth today

At first glance according to the newspapers what he has done doesn't seem to be all that serious. Of course this needs confirmation. Venable's has been arrested twice before this latest incident.

Once he was arrested in possession of a class A drug, after being cautioned he was released. There must be thousands arrested each day for this.

Next he got punched in the face over an argument about a girl. He was released without charge. I think I have got into many of these sort of fights myself when young.

In this last incident there was a fracas at work with another worker. He was suspended from work. later the subject of an immediate recall to jail because an official complaint was made by the other person involved in the fracas. Sources do not say what the fight was caused by. Do we know why or who started the fight ?

Without defending Venables, I would like to say that he sounds just like many others of his age. No matter how the papers dress it up to look otherwise.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 am | Top

#9 by Sheldonboy , Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Sorry Phil I don't think he should be walking the streets. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:08 pm

SB

Why he has done the time that he was sentenced to. If you can't accept that, then blame society and our legal system for getting it wrong or in this case being told what to do by the EU. Did you expect him to say "no I don't want to be released". That at least is not his fault.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#11 by Sheldonboy , Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Of course he would want to be free. Yes he served his prescribed sentence. Did they pay for their actions. No we will have to agree to differ on that one. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#12 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:00 pm

SB

I don't think you are catching my drift. I don't say that they should be out. What I do say is, that like most children in this modern world they were sadly failed by the state. Then when they became the monsters that perpetrated this evil crime once again they were failed by the system.

And now it looks like at least one of them has been failed again, I think you will find that he will probably be glad to be back in prison as he most likely has become institutionalised and can't handle life outside on his own.

I wouldn't be surprised if this story about a fight in his workplace is true and that he had been taunted by the other lad. You would know better than I how hard it would be to keep a secret of this sort in a workplace environment.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#13 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:52 pm

I see there are now different stories emerging about the crimes that Venables is supposed to have committed to get himself recalled to prison.

Nobody is going to know the truth of the matter until Jack Straw makes a statement and I don't see him doing that until the appropriate time.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#14 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:30 am

One fact about todays politicians you can always rely on and that is they have got no backbone. I read today that Jack Straw is beginning to crumble already to public pressure. He says he will rethink his position on informing the public why Venables was returned to prison.

If he tells the public to win a few votes, all this will do is give Grounds for Venables to appeal if things go the wrong way for him at his hearing next month.

Why do we need to know now! He is locked up out of harms way and a danger to nobody so why is this a matter of urgency to some people. I don't think it is, I think it's the newspapers as usual wanting a story so they can sell more papers.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#15 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:21 pm

They are now saying give him a chance-he's had enough bl********dy chances-STRING HIM UP .

signman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Knowle Today

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor