Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: MOBILE PHONES.

#46 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:16 pm

As you say VM MP3 players etc, shut out the outside world, but if you travelled on the buses that I travel on. At the times that I travel among the people I travel with, in the areas that I travel through, you wouldn't care if you shut the planet out. SB

If only......................

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#47 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Have just finished a 14 mile hike-got the train back from Seaford-Sunday service-bus the last part of the journey,
nothing but Bl***y mobiles all the way, if they are not phoning they are texting, BAN PHONES ON ALL PUBLIC SERVICES.

signman

#48 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:24 pm

I have to say John, that's not the fault of Mobile Phones, that's the ignorant Woppits who use them. My phone is in use most of the time I am on a bus and No-one else would know. It's easy to put a phone on silent profile. I get messages on my Blackberry whenever anyone posts on this forum. (in case we get a new member who may post improperly) I can sensor it immediately. When I am out in public my phone is on vibrate.
Anyone wishing to listen to music can use headphones, it's not rocket science. Unfortunately some people forget to take their brains with them when they go out. I hope you had a good day otherwise. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#49 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:48 am

Morning Graham,
As you say it's not phones but the idiots that use them, apart from that I had a brilliant day and will post photos in a new album shortly.

signman

#50 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:44 pm

SB

I saw a cyclist the other day with mega earphones clamped to his head which I suppose were plugged into a MP3 or similar. He was in heavy traffic and was oblivious to any traffic that he couldn't see. It wouldn't have mattered if anyone had honked their horn to warn him of any danger. Because he wouldn't have heard it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#51 by Sheldonboy , Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm surprised he wasn,t watching a video.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#52 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 pm

No the bloke that was driving the 38 tonner that nearly drove over him was doing that.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#53 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I've just seen a little girl about 5-6 with her mother (or big sister) wearing a pink shell suit, pink trainers, diamante framed sunglasses and talking on a mobile phone as they walked along the street--the mind boggles.

signman

#54 by Voltman , Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Is that normal for Brighton or have you relocated to Essex?

If I drank less I would have more money left over for buying wine.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#55 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:39 pm

VM, Anything is normal for Brighton, you should have heard some of the comments when people heard I was
coming to live here.

signman

#56 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:21 pm

John

There is nothing that has been said about Brighton, that worse hasn't been said about Birmingham by people from the South East.

The main trouble is that most of them saying it haven't been further north than Edgware. I once lived with a girl in New Cross in the 60's, whenever I asked her to come up to Birmingham we me she used to say "I'm not going to that dump" (did you ever see New Cross in the 60's). I finally talked her into coming up here for the weekend.

She was gobsmacked and thought it was great here, so green looking and clean. I had trouble in getting her to go back and we stayed for the week.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#57 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:09 am

I had a laugh yesterday, here we have huge black bins in the streets for rubbish, mainly black bags, which are emptied twice a day.
This young girl came up to one strugging with 2 bags, tried to lift the lid about 3-4 times and failed, stood there for a moment pondering, and then,BRAINWAVE out came the mobile, a short while (1 minute0 another girl came and with no problem opened the hatch and in went the bags,
they must have been from a local business, but I wish I'd had a camcorder with me.
Probably rates pretty high on the" what's the strangest thing you've used a mobile for" list.

signman

#58 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:23 am

John

just as a matter of interest do businesses pay extra for this additional refuse collection service? In Brum all commercial premises have to pay extra for this service. Because the Council charge so much to provide the service a lot of firms use private collection firms.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#59 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Hello Phil,
These bins are for the use of people other than b usinesses, but they are abused left right and centre, they have solved a lot of the seagull problem,ie; bags being ripped open on the street, but as in any walk of life they
are open to abuse, and the biggest culprits are traders, I have seen tiles, broken glass, and all types of rubbish
put in them apart from normal household refuse.

signman

#60 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:11 pm

John

Just being nosey, I thought if Brighton Council can do it then why can't Birmingham.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bone Yard

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor