Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Get a Job

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Our caring government thinks we are a nation of scroungers and wants to cut the benefit of those out of work. Todays Birmingham Mail says there are 19 jobseekers foe every vacancy in the West Midlands. I thought our PM went to public school. don't they teach mathematics at Eton?

phil

RE: Get a Job

#2 by Sheldonboy , Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #1
Our caring government thinks we are a nation of scroungers and wants to cut the benefit of those out of work. Todays Birmingham Mail says there are 19 jobseekers foe every vacancy in the West Midlands. I thought our PM went to public school. don't they teach mathematics at Eton?

Getting a job is one thing, difficult enough in itself. Then it has to be a job one is capable of. Is it going to pay enough to pay for public transport if you have to travel any distance. Is it for a reputable firm. Do you have to pay for a uniform.
The minimum wage seemed like a good idea. When it first started some hotels raised the pay up to the minimum wage, then the staff usually immigrants had to pay to work there, they ended up worse off than if they were paid less.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:52 pm

The minimum wage is a farce in any industry where the staff can receive gratuities, they make the staff pool the tips and count them toward the wages. I know several womens hairdressers and some restaurants that have taken this path.

phil

#4 by mikejee , Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:52 pm

SB
If you go to eton you don't have to be capable of doing the job. Osborne and Cameron are proof of that

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 04.19.2013 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Carnage in Boston

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor