Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Fox Hunt Cancelled

#16 by PJ , Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:48 pm

I did say that its one of those subjects.
I can hear the growls in the distance now, I just hope you don't come after me with the pack, SB has already said he likes to see the blood red coats.
Hello Mike, you never said in your post if you eat meat or not, I point this out because I might say things that might not apply to you if you are a vegetarian or vegan and the same goes for the lovley Denise, grovel grovel. But for the sake of this post I will assume, like me, you are all meat or animal flesh eaters..

Lets put away for the moment if you can, ALL resentment for "The Landed Gentry and the Hooray Henry's" Is it the savage death of the fox that heats your blood?. So lets look at the cruel chase and murder of the fox.
The pack picks up his scent, they chase him, and if they catch him, he's ripped to pieces.

I don't subscribe to any notion or argument that the fox is vermin, I'm a city slicker, to me the fox is a beautiful creature who lives wild and free, and just like you and me, he lives, and he dies.
Now, if its the needless death, or the manner of his death that's your grievance and your a meat eater, you are either blind, or deaf or both, or have never thought about how they fill up the butcher's window or fill the shelves in the supermarket with meat products.
Animals are bred fattened and herded off to the abattoir to be slaughtered for our table. its an easy line to write.
But we all know many live and die in absolute and utter misery. If you think they don't know they are going to die, then go and see for your self. They, like us, have eyes that look out on this world, ask any pet owner if their pet has emotions, and if they love their offspring.
To eat meat and all that it requires for us to eat that meat, and be offended at the savage death of a fox to me is, Hipocracy on an interstellar level.
If the heat under your collar is caused by the Landed Gentry and what they do, ask yourself what have they done to you, personally, or are you accepting a line from history, of us and them. We have immigrants here today who can buy and sell them wholesale. The working man has more than won the battle against the well to do, so much so that in many cases he has become the well to do.
Why carry the mistakes of the past into our future.
What say you?
PJ.
P S, Phil and Mike, "Fishing" we can cross swords at another time.
P P S, I wont be answering the door tonight, just in case.
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#17 by Deleted User , Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:10 pm

I have no romantic idea of the fox.

I have many friends who keep chickens and the devistation he leaves behind is no joke.

However he follows what nature tells him and I respect that.

All Aspects of the hunt disgust me.

#18 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:02 pm

I actually heard a quote recently and it's not my line,
" If God didn't intend us to eat Animals why did he make them out of meat".
Again I stress not my line. SB

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#19 by paul , Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:40 pm

from what i know man has always been a hunter but in the past he done it to feed him self in one of the posts it said that in the hunt the fox might live more in that time than the rest of its life or words to that effect and man is at the top of the food chain it seems that some men have the need to kill if not for food but for sport it still goes on in the uk stag hunting fox hunting and even man hunting man most of us are meat eaters we do not think how the meat got in the shops and most do not care but for some dip stick to sit on a horse and dress in red and shouting tally hooo old chap and when the poor fox goes to ground to dig it out just so they can see the dogs rip it to bits i find it distasteful and barbaric if you need to cull fox there is better ways plus the fox has been around a lot longer than the dipsticks hunting it and its got a right to life

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#20 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:55 pm

I can't argue with any of that Paul. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#21 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:55 pm

I can't argue with any of that Paul. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#22 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Paul

And you will get no argument from me either. Perhaps its these chinless wonders we need to cull. They are only a waste of much needed resources.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#23 by PJ , Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 pm

I've said all I'm going to say on hypocrisy.
Scratch any one of us, and you will find the killer ape.
PJ

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#24 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:20 pm

PJ

Not me. scratch me and I'll just cry.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#25 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:37 am

One point that has just occurred to me about the Fox Hunt is that it's Horse related. I have heard no one complain about the poor horses who have to carry these overweight rich bods around having their days "sport".
If these fat cats had to run around these fields and try to keep up with their dogs and climb stiles and get muddy. I don't think there would be much need for the protesters. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#26 by Deleted User , Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:25 pm

Good point SB LOL

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bus Death

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor