Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

WPC56

#1 by Jingle Jack , Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Don't know if anyone saw this afternoon drama that was on every day this week. WPC56 was excellent, albeit a bit un-PC, but it was of the time. Set in 1956 in a mythical place called Brinford, it was filmed in several recognisable locations around Birmingham and the Black Country, including the Jewellery Quarter. The outside of the Police station was actually the Birmingham and Midland Institute "mocked up". There were shots of some houses which I recognised as being in Bordesley Street close to where I used to work. It was very nostalgic listening to the music of the time and seeing all the props that they used etc. If you missed it, I would recommend you catch up on BBC iPlayer. Well worth watching. Can't wait for the next series. JJ

Jingle Jack
Date registered 02.02.2013

RE: WPC56

#2 by Sheldonboy , Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Jack, nice to see you on again. Will try to catch that thanks

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 03.23.2013 | Top

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:45 pm

JJ

Unfortunately I don't watch television so I can't pass judgement, but I have read others discussing this programme and the general consensus is that it is not very good and it portrays us brummies as mostly thicko's with very badly portrayed black country accents. There again what do you expect thats how we are normally portrayed on the box.

phil
Last edited Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:45 pm | Top

#4 by Deleted User , Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Have watched four episodes on iplayer and was quite impressed with the story line.
It reminds us women of the problems many women faced when entering a so called mans world.The rubbish they had to put up with was unforgivable really.
The accents were terrible,I hope to god I don't sound like that.Been much better if they spoke without accent I think.
For some reason episode 5 is not on iplayer yet.

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Paradise Circus Development

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor