Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Malala Yousafzai

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Malala Yousafzai the young girl who was shot in the head in Pakistan and later flown to Birmingham for treatment and was later joined by her family has today started school at the £3000 plus a term Edgbaston High School for girls because her family live nearby.

Am I missing something are this girls parents wealthy that they can pay for this preferential treatment and the air ambulance flight. buy or rent a house in Edgbaston and now pay £10,000 plus a year for schooling?

phil

RE: Malala Yousafzai

#2 by Voltman , Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:44 pm

They might be very rich, if they are not then I'm sure they will end up that way.
I think in this instance there is little doubt that this girl can't go home and live in safety. So if we will continue to harbour foreign criminals at our own expense then this girl and her, no doubt extensive, entourage might as well join the party.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by mikejee , Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:38 pm

According to wikipedia her father runs a chain of schools, so presumably he is reasonably well off. It was reported that the costs of her transport to Britain and the hospital care were paid by the Pakistani government.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 am

I was Genuinely sorry to hear of this heroic girl's injuries, I was Genuinely pleased that our country could help her, now that she is recovered it's her governmts job to protect her.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by astoness , Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 am

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #4
I was Genuinely sorry to hear of this heroic girl's injuries, I was Genuinely pleased that our country could help her, now that she is recovered it's her governmts job to protect her.

couldnt have put it better...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#6 by mikejee , Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:27 am

I agree, though am dubious that such a corrupt government as Pakistan's will do so in the long run

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 am

Myself

I wish this young girl nothing but the best, after all it is not her fault that she was shot. What I don't want to see is the British taxpayer footing the bill for something that is down to our responsibility. Perhaps all expenses borne by our government can be deducted from the aid we give them yearly.

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Dangerous Child Labour

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor