Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Mace Media Archive

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 am

Just took delivery of a dvd from the Mace Archive, "Regenerating Birmingham (1955 to 1975)". It concentrates mainly on Manzoni's remodelling of Birmingham, but despite that it is still very interesting. The first error I spotted was a walk around Cannon Hill Park being described as a walk around Aston Park, but no matter at £14.99 you can't expect that much. I'm just about to watch it again. Anybody interested in getting hold of a copy this is the place.

http://www.macearchive.org/mace-shop.html

phil

RE: Mace Media Archive

#2 by Stirling Single , Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi Phil,
Do you think it might be something that I would be interested in, from what you know of my interests and the areas that I am interested in like all around Coleshill Street Gem Street Nova Scotia Street and the Aston area.
Actually, am just thinking that if it covers Cannon Hill Park that would be good How about The General Hospital Bishop's Ryder School and things like that.
If you think it's beyond the time that I've been looking at but would still find it interesting please let me know Phil.
Lynn [Sunshine]

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single
Date registered 03.12.2011

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Lynn

To be honest I don't think there would be anything of a specific interest to you and the topics you are interested in, it would be of interest to anyone like myself who has an interest in the changes to Birmingham in the years given. It shows that for all his good intentions Herbert Manzoni got it wrong.

phil

#4 by Stirling Single , Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Phil,
That was sort of what I sort of thought so thanks for your advice on that.
The only two Video's that I have are:-
[[File:Birmingham Video 1.jpg|none|auto]]
and
[[File:Birmingham Video 2.jpg|none|auto]]
Would either of these be of interest if I got them put on to a Dvd
Lynn

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Lynn

that would be great, just let me know the cost and I will forward it to you, When you have it ready I will forward you my address by the messaging system. Thank you very much.

Phil

phil
Last edited Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:24 pm | Top

#6 by Stirling Single , Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Phil, I'll have a look into it and a friend may do them for me. They shouldn't cost anything once I have the one and then if you think they are any good and any of the other's wish to have copies, they can have copies if they let me know.
It may take me a short time to get organised.
Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Lynn

I know it's not easy as I purchased a programme and some equipment to transfer the large amount of VHS tapes I have on to DVD but have never been able to get it to work. I think there may be a fault with the video player, I have another one in the loft somewhere but I'm too idle to go and seek it out. I suppose I'll get round to it one of these days.

phil
Last edited Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:24 pm | Top

#8 by Stirling Single , Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:39 am

It's like everything Phil. Will we Ever get around to it All.!
My friend is down in Exeter but he say's if I post to him he will do them for nothing so will see to this next week.
Lynn

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 am

OK Lynn, thanks for taking the time and trouble.

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A Pathe News film.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor