Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RIP Norman Wisdom

#1 by Sheldonboy , Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:00 am

Sir Norman Wisdoms funeral

If you were a fan this is well worth a look.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-11602973

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 10.08.2013 | Top

RE: Norman Wisdom

#2 by Deleted User , Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:09 am

So sad to see him go......but what a life .

#3 by Sheldonboy , Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:16 am

He was funny without being foul or offensive too.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:35 pm

I tell you what gets me, the outpouring of love from his family. I was reading a short while back that they had put him in a not too respectable rest home. Had him declared unfit to manage his own affairs and got themselves power of attorney to handle his affairs.

Even if he was unable to cope for himself, they didn't love him enough to look after him in his own house (which he loved). They could have 24 hour care, he could afford it, but no that would have come out of their inheritance.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:54 pm

I saw the program where they were deciding who was to go and look after him, and after a few months,they decided to put him in the nursing home,I'd rather croak it in my sleep in my own home than amongst a load of strangers, hope I never end up like that.

signman

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:14 pm

John

So would most of us, but for some it is just not possible. Some poor souls need constant care and have no family to provide this sort of care. So for them there is no choice. But in Normans case there was a choice, he had family. My wife looked after her aunt, her mother, her father and her sister throughout the illnesses that finally killed them. I swear it was what brought her illness on, but she couldn't be stopped and even insisted that they come out of hospital when all hope had passed so that they could die at home.

The odd thing is the hospital staff could not understand why she wanted them home and tried to insist they would be better off there. My wife just asked if there was anything they could do for them that she couldn't and they had to admit there wasn't. With the assistance of the MacMillan nurses giving the required medication she made sure their last days were as comfortable as possible.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:06 pm | Top

#7 by toady , Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Phil

Like your wife I looked after my mom and aunt and would still do anything for anyone, but are the next generation as caring as us?.

Think I might start SKIing!

June

toady  
toady

Founder Member
Date registered 01.11.2010

#8 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:10 pm

June

Put it this way, I don't think they are. Although I'm pretty sure that my wife and I won't end our days in one the awful places that abound today. I've worked in a lot of hospitals and believe me I wouldn't put a dog into some of the geriatric hospitals I have seen.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
RIP Michael Foot.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor